Wednesday, 07 November 2007
Find all the answers to your most frequently asked questions about Carolina Cash 5 here.
- What days are drawings held?
- 7 days a week, at approximately 11:22 p.m. EST
- How late can I buy a ticket for the Carolina Cash 5 drawing?
- Sales for Carolina Cash 5 will stop at 11:00 p.m. EST on the night of the drawing and will resume shortly after the drawing occurs.
- Where will players be able to see the drawings?
- WRAL – Channel 5, Raleigh
- WCNC – Channel 6, Charlotte
- WITN – Channel 7, Greenville, New Bern & Washington
- WILM - Channel 10, Wilmington
- WYCW - Channel 62, Asheville
- Where will the live drawings take place?
- They will be conducted at WRAL’s TV studio in Raleigh and broadcast to the official NCEL drawing stations.
- If I don’t see the drawings, how can I get the winning numbers?
- Any NCEL retailer will have the winning number information and it will also be published on our winning numbers page. You can also contact the Lottery’s Player Services Hotline at 877-962-7529.
- When can I collect my prize winnings from a retailer location after the drawing?
- Validations will be available shortly after the drawing has been verified.
- How do I play Carolina Cash 5?
- Select 5 numbers from 1 to 39 and watch the drawing to see how many numbers matched. Play slips are available for players to fill out.
- Do the winning numbers have to be in order?
- No. Your numbers can match the winning numbers drawn in any order.
- How much does it cost to play?
- One play, or set of numbers costs $1. There can be up to 5 plays on a single play slip.
- How do I win?
- If 2, 3, 4 or 5 of the numbers you select for that draw match any of the 5 numbers drawn for that day you are a winner.
- What are the prize amounts?
- Other than the 2 of 5 match, which is a set payout of $1, the amount of the prizes will always depend on the number of tickets sold and the number of winners.
- What are the odds of winning a prize?
- The odds of winning are:
- All 5 of the 5 winning numbers 1 in 575,757
- Any 4 of the 5 winning numbers 1 in 3,387
- Any 3 of the 5 winning numbers 1 in 103
- Any 2 of the 5 winning numbers 1 in 9.6
- Overall odds of winning any prize 1 in 8.8
- Can I use Quick Pick to play Carolina Cash 5?
- Yes. Both full and partial Quick Pick will be available.
- Can I play for more than one drawing?
- Yes. You can play up to 28 draws in a row, but the play must include the current draw and not skip any draw in between.
- Can Carolina Cash 5 tickets be cancelled?
- No. All sales are final, so be sure to confirm your transaction prior to purchase.
- What is the time period for claiming a Carolina Cash 5 prize?
- All online games have a claim period of 180 days after the draw date.
- What happens if no one wins the top prize?
- The cash for that prize will be added to the top prize for the next drawing.
- If someone wins the 5 of 5 prize, will the prize be paid in one lump sum?
- Yes, all prizes will be paid in one lump sum payment.
- What happens when a ticket is lost?
- The individual who is in possession of an unsigned lottery ticket is the individual who will be able to cash the ticket. Players should immediately sign the back of each ticket upon purchase.
- If I win, do I have to pay taxes on my prize?
- Yes. All prizes won are subject to Federal and State withholdings.